1. Nothing goes back in the storage containers the same way they came out.
2. Each year the decorations take up at least one more container than they did the year before, even if you did not get any more decorations.
3. Nothing goes back in the storage area the same way it came out.
4. There is always one more ornament on the tree, no matter how many times you think you got them all.
5. The containers are heavier going downstairs then they were going up.
6. You will always find that one thing you were looking for when you put up the decorations but was nowhere to be found.
7. In spite of saying you are going to “weed out” some of the ornaments before packing things up, it just never happens.
8. Something will break no matter how careful you think you are being.
9. It’s a good idea to be wearing shoes, especially when you drop that heavy thing on your foot.
10. You’re just not as jolly taking things down as you remember you were putting them up.